5 Mistakes Weekend Travelers Make
Filmed in Lisbon, Portugal
Heading away from home for a quick weekend getaway? Here are some common mistakes that travelers make when they are heading off for a nice “easy” weekend getaway.
1. Not Doing Research – you should know as much as you can about the town or city you are visiting before you go. Then you will know what to see, where to stay, where not to go and where to go.
2. Packing Too Much – It is two nights, you do not need the kitchen sink. Pack smart, pack light, try to fit it all in a carryon bag or backpack so you can start sightseeing straight from the airport instead of having to visit the hotel before you can start enjoying the city.
3. Sleeping In – Yes, it is your weekend away, but do not spend it sleeping, you can do that at home! Get up and see the city in the morning. If you sleep in you will lose valuable tourist sightseeing time and most museums are closed by 5pm so you are the only one missing out.
4. They Don’t Ask for Help – Ask the hotel staff, your friend who visited before, the guy down the street whose cousin lives there. Ask for advice when you travel so you do not waste time and you can find out the best things to do in a town or city.
5. They Don’t Prioritize – Know what you want to see and what you should see. Make sure you prioritize your time and sights so that you do see the most important things. It is only a weekend so you cannot see it all, but you can sure try.
Hi there. The following videos and tips are to help the everyday traveler, the constant backpacker, the weekend warrior, the family moving abroad, the Erasmus student heading off for a semester abroad and so much more. The Travel Tips are divided into numerous categories so check out below and see what works best for you.
Don’t Be an Ugly Tourist: These videos and tips are for those that do not want to be the “ugly” tourist that we all see when we travel.
General Travel Tips: These are some rather general tips for traveling around that may be helpful for any traveler.
Destinations: These video series deal with specific locations that you may want to check out. There are “In a Day” series that deal with seeing a city in a day, as well as Weekend Warrior Travelers videos showing other locales.
Travel Tips for Families with Children: We feel here at Wolters World that having kids should not limit your travel itenarary, it should expand it. The videos and advice you find here range from how to keep your kids entertained on 9 hour flights, to how do you get them to eat things that mom and dad cannot even pronounce.
The Frugal Traveler, Saving Money on Travel: These videos and tips are here to help you save a dollar/euro/peso or two on your travels. We deal with hotel stays, hidden expenses and general monetary advice for traveling.
Safety While Traveling: These videos and tips focus on keeping you from being a victim on your trip.
Erasmus and Study Abroad Advice: These videos and tips are for students and young people who are moving abroad to study. This means college and university students taking their semester abroad or even exchange students heading for a year away. We talk about class selection, getting your grades to count back home, where to live, where to study, personal issues while abroad and much more. Very helpful for anyone moving abroad.
Moving the Family Abroad: This is for the executive or business person that is moving abroad and taking the whole family with them. Issues such as Visas, Traveling home, Homesickness, education for the kids abroad, etc.
We also have our many language series that are here to help you with any traveling. We have:
Learn Spanish, Learn German, Learn Portuguese, Learn Italian, Learn Lithuanian, Learn Swedish, Learn English for Spanish Speakers, Learn English for German Speakers, Learn English for Italians, Learn English for Lithuanians. Just look in the menu and you will find them all.