Smart Youtube WidgetFeatured Video: Under the Tuscan Sun: The Top 10 Towns in Tuscany & Central Italy
5 Simple Ways to Not Miss Your Flight
filmed at Lambert St. Louis International Airport
1. Get to the Airport On Time: Running late, car accident, baby threw up on your suit, none of these reasons will get you through security or check in any faster. Make sure you give yourself enough time to get to the airport, 2 hours for domestic check in, 3 hours for international check ins.
2. Pick Flights & Connections You Can Make: if you are not a morning person don’t take a 6am flight, you won’t make it. Also, if you are looking to take public transport to an airport, many public transports will not get you to the airport in time to make the first flight of the day, so do your research. Also, short connections of under an hour run the risk of missing flights.
3. Dress the Part: Do not wear knee high boots, tons of jewelry and pants with built in belts. These will take a long time to take off and put back on. Slip on shoes are the best. Also, have your lap top ready to slide out and put on the x-ray belt.
4. Have Your Liquids Packed: You can only carry 3 x 1 ounce bottles of liquids and they need to be in a clear plastic bag. If you have to go searching through your whole carry on to get all your liquids not only will the people behind you hate you, but you will hate yourself when you miss your flight by the 5 minutes you spent searching for your mouthwash.
5. Pay Attention to Announcements: just because you got to the gate on time doesn’t mean you are in the clear, gates change, plans get delayed, lunches go long. Pay attention to what is going on at your gate so you don’t miss your flight!
5 Mistakes Weekend Travelers Make
Filmed in Lisbon, Portugal
Heading away from home for a quick weekend getaway? Here are some common mistakes that travelers make when they are heading off for a nice “easy” weekend getaway.
1. Not Doing Research – you should know as much as you can about the town or city you are visiting before you go. Then you will know what to see, where to stay, where not to go and where to go.
2. Packing Too Much – It is two nights, you do not need the kitchen sink. Pack smart, pack light, try to fit it all in a carryon bag or backpack so you can start sightseeing straight from the airport instead of having to visit the hotel before you can start enjoying the city.
3. Sleeping In – Yes, it is your weekend away, but do not spend it sleeping, you can do that at home! Get up and see the city in the morning. If you sleep in you will lose valuable tourist sightseeing time and most museums are closed by 5pm so you are the only one missing out.
4. They Don’t Ask for Help – Ask the hotel staff, your friend who visited before, the guy down the street whose cousin lives there. Ask for advice when you travel so you do not waste time and you can find out the best things to do in a town or city.
5. They Don’t Prioritize – Know what you want to see and what you should see. Make sure you prioritize your time and sights so that you do see the most important things. It is only a weekend so you cannot see it all, but you can sure try.